With their rapid development over the past decade or so, Information Communications Technology (ICT), e-Commerce, Media and the Internet have undoubtedly come to constitute an integral part of the business world, as has the legal and regulatory regime under which businesses operate.
The firm provides specialised advice and assistance to key players in the media and entertainment sector relating to all aspects connected with this area, including:
- intellectual property rights and data protection issues;
- licensing and regulatory matters;
- the regulation of television broadcasting, defamation and privacy issues, freedom of expression as well as issues relating to copyright and trademarks;
- drafting of software and/or hardware development, licensing and/or hosting agreements and ancillary support and advice;
- acquisition, transfer and protection of domain names and other intellectual property, including the drafting of all relative agreements;
- legal aspects of website creation/ development;
- all matters related to ecommerce and consumer protection.