By virtue of Legal Notice LN47/2014, the Government of the Republic of Malta grants, after a rigid and thorough due diligence process, naturalisation by investment to reputable individuals and their dependants who will make a significant contribution to the social and economic development of the country.
Qualifications & General Requirements
For a main applicant to be eligible for citizenship under the programme such person must:
- Be at least eighteen years of age;
- Propose to make the necessary contribution;
- Meet the application requirements;
- Commit to provide proof of residence and title in Malta;
- Commit to make the necessary investments in stocks, bonds, debentures, etc.;
- Satisfy any other additional eligibility requirements under the Income Tax Act.
Applications shall be accompanied by the prescribed due diligence and bank charges fees and by originals or certified copies of the following:
- A certificate from a reputable health system to the satisfaction of Identity Malta that the main applicant and his dependants are not suffering from any contagious disease and that they are otherwise in good health;
- A police certificate or certificates;
- Evidence that the main applicant and his dependants are fit and proper persons to hold Maltese citizenship;
- An undertaking to make the required contribution at the time of submission of the application;
- An undertaking to purchase or take on lease immovable residential property in Malta;
- An undertaking to make such other investments in Malta.
The applicants should be able to make the following contributions:
- main applicant: €650,000;
- spouse: €25,000;
- for each and every child below 18 years of age: €25,000;
- for each and every unmarried child between 18 years of age and 26 years of age: €50,000;
- for each and every dependant parent above 55 years of age: €50,000
Application forms and other accompanying documents shall be completed in English or accompanied by an authenticated English translation. The main applicant shall, with the exception of the spouse, provide an affidavit of support for each dependant who is over 18 years old.
An application for naturalisation as a citizen of Malta under the Individual Investor Programme must be submitted by an Accredited Person and in this regard Be.Legal may assist you with your application.