The general rule requiring matters concerning immovable property situated in Malta to be determined in accordance with the lex situs, coupled with the large number of Maltese ex-pats situated in various parts of the world, means that Maltese succession law plays an important role in the transmission of such property and accordingly is of paramount importance in any estate-planning exercise involving such property.
The Firm provides specialised advice, guidance and assistance in relation to:
- testate and intestate succession rules;
- drafting of any necessary contracts;
- representing our clients’ interests in Malta (by power of attorney);
- drafting and review of wills to regulate the transmission of property in Malta;
- payment of applicable inheritance taxes.